MOTHER EARTH, UNITE US
Conference of European Congress of Ethnic Religions (ECER ), July 8 – 11, Vilnius (Lithuania).
July 8, Verkiai
9:30 Registration of the participants
10:00 Opening of Conference in Verkiai Palace
- Welcoming speech by Inija Trinkuniene and Andras Corban
- Interactive presentations of each participating organization in open circle discussion
11:30 Coffee break
12:00 R. Balkute, N. Laurinkiene movie Premier “Rye harvest and Relicts of Rituals
Dedicated to Mother Earth in Lithuanian Village in XIX century” 13:30 Lunch
14:30 Interactive presentations of each participating organization in open circle discussion (continued)
17:00 Ritual folk group Kulgrinda and kankles player Z. Trinkunaite performance
18:00 Opening ritual in the park
July 9, Lithuanian Parliament
10:00 Press Conference in Lithuanian Parliament
11:00 Welcoming speeches by the members of Lithuanian Parliament
11:10 Presentations by participants
- Andras Corban
- Inija Trinkūnienė “Romuva Path“
11:50 Coffee break
12:00 Presentations by participants (continued)
- Assoc. prof. dr. Milda Ališauskienė Ancient Baltic Faith Community in Contemporary Lithuania: Between Historical Memory and Status of Religious Minority
- Vlasis Rasias „Reclaiming the True European Identity“
- Georges Val “Likely common origins of pré-christian religions and the importances of oral transmission in that respect”
14:00 Presentations by participants (continued)
- Øyvind Arnesen Siljeholm “Our Local Spiritual Folklore – the True Frames of The Future Human Civilization” (Forn Sed Norway)
- Dainius Razauskas
- Sofia Kukure “The Attempts to Save the Pre-Christian, Culture in the Eastern Europe During the first Centuries of the Christianization” (Ukrainian pagan community THE GREAT FIRE)
15:00 Coffee break
15:15 Presentations by participants (continued)
Latvians Latvijos Dievturiu bendruomenės veiklą 21 amžiaus globalizacijos laiku Andrejs Broks – Latvijos Dievturių bendruomenės valdybos vadovas.
- Alexander Demoor Falcon, Swan and Horse: The Germanic Traditions of the Low Countries Belgians
- Ugnius Lioge
17:00 Excursion in pagan places of Vilnius.
19:00 Ritual at Ragutis offering stone.
19:30 Free evening
July 10, Vilnius – Dvarciskiai – Moletai – Vilnius
9:00-22:00 Excursion. Going to Romuva temple in Dvarciskiai, than going to Kulionys, in where J. Vaiskunas will introduce ancient calendar to participants
and we will discuss about developing a plan of action to realize the goals and the mission of the ECER.
July 11, Vilnius, Dukstos, Kernave, Trakai
10:00-17:00 Visiting ancient capital cities of Pagan Lithuania. Ritual on Karmazinai sacred hill.
18:00 dinner at “Leiciai”
Remarks: The conference fee – 40 EU. Organizers kindly ask each participant to wear ritual clothes and bring special offerings and drinks for fire rituals and Mother Earth.